Western Cape Championships: Dates and rules
Western Cape Long Course Swimming Championships
- Proposed Venue: Coetzenburg Stellenbosch (tbc)
- Dates: 5th-9th December 2018
- WED 5 December PM – timed finals
- THURS 6 December PM – heats
- FRI 7 December AM – finals
- FRI 7 December PM – heats
- SAT 8 December AM – finals
- SAT 8 December PM – heats
- SUN 9 December AM – finals
Note: Qualifying times same as 2017-18 (please see attached)
A time standards file for TM will be forwarded in due course.
Countdown to Dec 5th, 1:00pm
4.0. WCA CHAMPIONSHIPS (LC & SC) / JACK CURRIE CHAMPIONSHIPS RULES
1. RULES FOR ALL THE CHAMPIONSHIPS:
1. FINA rules will apply.
2. Only fully capitated swimmers may compete who meet the stipulated gala criteria.
3. Age as on the first day of championships.
4.1. Entries must be submitted by noon on
4.1.1. Wednesday, 12th July (WC Short Course Champs) and
4.1.2. Wednesday, 14th November 2018 (WC Long Course Champs) at 8:00am and
4.1.3. Monday, 21th January 2019 (JC Champs) in the following manner
4.2. By e-mail:
4.2.1. a zip file created in Team Manager for athletes
4.2.2. list of officials on spreadsheet to be supplied ratio 1:3 for each session
4.2.3. an entry report, with entry time included
4.2.4. entry fee report,
4.2.5. relay report
4.2.6. Proof of payment to the District. Western Cape will Invoice the Districts
4.2.7. Entry Fees – as per the database. Out of province athletes fees will differ. Surcharge R100 WC clubs, R200 within Africa, R300 for outside Africa Per entry R50 and R100 relay
4.3. The entry fee will be forfeited for any entry received, that does not comply.
4.4. Late entries will be accepted from 12th July 2018 (WC SC Champs) until 9am on 20th July 2018 at 5 x the original entry fee. Thereafter extra late entries will be accepted.
4.5. Late entries will be accepted from 15th November 2018 (WC Champs) until 9am on 30th November 2017 at 5 x the original entry fee. Thereafter extra late entries will be accepted at 10 x the fee should lanes be available.
2. WC SHORT COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS:
5. Finals will be swum Fast to Slow, the following ages: 11 & under; 12 – 13; 14 – 15; 16 and over.
6. Medals for 200m Fly, 400IM, 800/1500m Free will be awarded in the following age categories: 11 – 13; 14 – 15; 16 & Over.
7. Swimmers will be fined R200 if they do not scratch timeously from a final and will not be allowed to compete further until the fine has been paid.
8. Last gala to qualify for WC Short Course Champs will be the SL Winter 1 on 17th June 2017.
9. Water polo players, synchro swimmers and divers may enter WC Short Course Champs provided that they meet the WC CHAMPS qualifying criteria.
3. WC LONG COURSE CHAMPIONSHIPS (WPQT):
10. Heats will be swum as Open in the mornings, Fast to Slow and the first 3 heats circle seeded.
11. Finals in the evenings will be swum in the following ages: 11 & under, 12 – 13, 14 – 15, 16 and over.
12. A and B finals will be swum in the 16 & over age group.
13. Medals in the 16 & over age category will be decided from the results of the A final, i.e. swimmers need to participate in the A final to be eligible to receive a medal.
14. Medals for 200m Fly, 400IM, 800/1500m Free will be awarded in the following age categories: 11 – 13, 14 – 15, 16 & Over.
15. 400 free (all ages) – finals to be swum FAST to SLOW, 200m Fly (11 & over), 400m IM (11 & over), 800/1500m Free (11 & over) will be swum as timed finals with the slow finals being swum with the heats and the fast finals being swum with the finals. Depending on the number of entries received 200m fly, 400m IM 800/1500m free may be swum with the finals only.
16. Swimmers will be fined R200 for No Swim if they do not scratch timeously from the event and will not be allowed to compete further until the fine has been paid.
17. Water polo players, synchro swimmers and divers may enter WC Champs provided that they meet the WC CHAMPS qualifying criteria.
18. Last gala to qualify for WC LC Champs must be completed and results submitted to WC Records officer before the 11th of November 2018
4. WC JACK CURRIE CHAMPIONSHIPS (JCQT):
19. Timed finals for all events
20. Medals will be awarded in the following age groups: 11 & Under, 12-13, 14-15, 16 & Over
21. Last gala to qualify for Jack Currie must be completed and results submitted to WC Records officer before the 21th of January 2019
22. Swimmers will be fined R200 for No Swim if they do not scratch timeously from the event and will not be allowed to compete further until the fine has been paid
5. DISABLED SWIMMERS
Disabled swimmers must be classified prior to competing
23. Swimmers have to qualify for the events as per the Qualifying Times for SA Nationals (as confirmed by SSA).
24. Disabled swimmers swim in the heats together with the able bodied swimmers.
25. Disabled finals may be swum in the with Finals session as per the program. Disabled swimmers may enter for any other non-disabled event which they can swim in the heats for a time; a disabled swimmer must have a time for these extra events in the database.
26. Medals at WC Champs are awarded across disability classes by calculating a percentage off the world record for each swimmers class. Or alternatively, if the swimmer does not make the qualifying times, they may participate at Jack Currie Champs in all the disabled events that they have times for on the database.
27. Disabled events at Jack Currie Champs are timed finals.
28. Disabled swimmers may not participate in both champs.
29. Disabled athletes will swim in the U14 session unless they have made the able bodied qualifying times.
30. Two (2) teams per club may enter.
31. Relay names must be submitted to the desk by the end of the morning session.
32. Swimmers must swim in the order that they are entered; otherwise the team will be disqualified.
Clubs may not swim relays across district borders even if you have the same name
7. ELIGIBILITY FOR ALL CHAMPIONSHIPS
33. A swimmer is eligible to swim the events at both WC (SC & LC) & Jack Currie Champs that he/she has qualified for as per the prescribed qualifying times as well as 3 additional events that they have not qualified for, providing they have official times swum on the WC SL data base.
34. Any swimmer who qualifies for WC Short Course Champs may swim at this competition without influencing their eligibility for WC Long Course or Jack Currie Champs
35. A swimmer who qualifies for 2 (two) or more events at the WC Champs level, must swim at the WC Championships, and may not swim at the Jack Currie Championships.
36. If the swimmer qualifies for only 1 (one) event for WC LC Champs, he/she may choose to swim at either Jack Currie OR WC LC Championships.
37. A swimmer who is only 10yrs old and younger, on the first day of WC LC Champs, who qualifies for WC Long Course Champs may choose to participate at either the WC Long Course Champs or the Jack Currie Champs – they may not compete at both. They may choose to participate at WC LC Champs or JC irrespective of whether they age up between the competitions.
38. Water polo players, synchro swimmers and divers may enter any Champs provided that they meet the qualifying criteria.
39. Swimmers who swim at the Jack Currie Championships individual events may swim in relays at the WC Long Course Championships, BUT swimmers who swim at the WC Long Course Championships individual events may not swim in relays at the Jack Currie Championships.
40. Only qualifying times swum and contained in the WC database from the current season and the previous season i.e. from 1 May of the previous season onwards, will be considered for WC Short Course Champs.
41. Only qualifying times swum and contained in the WC database from the 01 May of the current season, will be considered for both WCLong Course Champs and Jack Currie.