Level 1 Championship News (Version #1 published 27th Jan and updated Version #2 on 9th Feb)
Please take note of the following… due to space constraints, the Swimboard has decided to host Level 1 over 3 days and not 2 (4 sessions).
Date: Fri 9th – Sun 11th March 2018
Venue: Fairmont High School
Google map: https://goo.gl/maps/cURCoS3McCt
Gala entries due date: Sat 24th February 2018
- R15 – Individual Entries
- R25 – Relays
- R60 per swimmer surcharge
Gate open times:
- Friday 9th March @ 15h30
- Saturday 10th March @ 08h00
- Sunday 11th March @ 08h00
- 1 hour before the start of each session.
- NB!!! No dive-in’s please due to water restrictions.
Meet Program & Session Start Times:
- Session 1 : Fri 9th Mar : 17h00 : Events – 200IM (12&O), 50Fly, 4×50 Boys & Girls Medley Relay.
- Session 2 : Sat 10th Mar : 09h00 : Events – 100Back, 50Free, 4×50 Mixed Free Relay.
- Session 3 : Sat 10th Mar : TBC : Events – 100Breast, 50Back, 4×50 Boys & Girls Free Relay.
- Session 4 : Sun 11th Mar : 09h00 : Events – 100Free, 50Breast (updated), 4×50 Mixed Medley Relay, 4×100 Boys & Girls Free Relay.
- Rule 37 applies re ageing up.
- If a swimmer has a Level 2 qt on the database, but their birthday falls between the Level 1 & Level 2 galas, Clubs must apply to the Swimboard for participating. Failure to do so will result in swimmer not being entered in gala.
- Swimmers may not participate at this level, if qualifying times for any levels, has been achieved, except 9 year and under. (please see 2018 National/Regional Swimming Competition Rules, Programmes, Dates – dated June 2017)
- NEW: (9th Feb). Swimmers may swim all events that they have a time for on the database.
- No probation officials can work as this gala.
- Clubs can only enter a A & B Team per relay event.
- There will be a 2 hour break on Saturday between session 2 & 3, due to Level 2 Synchronised Championships taking place.
- FINA rules will apply.
- Swimmers must be registered with SSA at the entry level registration.
- NT’s & CUSTOM times are not allowed.
- Gala will be swum as timed finals – girls & boys.
- RELAYS RULES: (please see 2018 National/Regional Swimming Competition Rules, Programmes, Dates – dated June 2017). Only swimmers entered into the gala, may enter the relays.
- WITHDRAWALS: (please see 2018 National/Regional Swimming Competition Rules, Programmes, Dates – dated June 2017)
Age Groups for medals:
- The age groups will be 9&under, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15&16, 17&over.
- Age groups for 200IM will be 12&over.
- Relay age groups (UPDATED 9th Feb) 10&under, 11-12, 13-14, 15&over.
- The opening ceremony will be on Saturday before session 3 starts.
- All swimmers taking part in the March Past must be neatly dressed in their club colours and have shoes on.
- We remind all clubs to bring their banners for this prestigious event.
- All swimmers receiving a medal MUST be neatly dressed in their club colours and have shoes on.
- The event file will be in the next download.
5 Litres of Water per Swimmer
Please remind all swimmers and parents of the appeal for each participant to bring 5 litres of water to every gala they swim.
1st Set of Reports (5th Mar )
3rd Set of Reports (9th Mar)
Attached please find final set of reports.
Any further scratchings needs to be done on pool deck.
Should you as a club need to scratch an official (especially Senior officials) it is the club’s responsibility to replace said official. There are reserve timekeepers. There are a shortage of senior officials, competitor stewards and chief timekeepers.
Programs per Session and Info Letter (Updated 9th Mar)
Meet has been uploaded on MeetMobile:
CTMA Level 1 Intra Provincial A/Group Champs
Results (published 11th March)
5 Litre Challenge
Please remember to bring 5 litres of water for the pool to each gala you attend.
Read more here: